Simple Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive, avocado, flax or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional for a sweet dressing)
Add all ingredients to a jar, seal with the lid and vigorously shake. If you prefer an emulsified dressing, use an immersion blender. Serve immediately.
This dressing is very versatile and can be stored in your fridge for up to a week. If you store it in the fridge it will need a few minutes to thaw prior to use and to be shaken or stirred. This simple dressing is a perfect compliment to a quick Microgreens Salad. Enjoy!