Lemon Baked Feta with Jammy Egg and Spicy Mix Microgreens
This is a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. It’s truly versatile and delicious. I like pairing radish with feta so I thought the Spicy Mix would be a great companion to this dish.
At the end of December I was so lucky to spend some time with my cheese maker friend who taught me and guided me through making my very own feta. Finally, I was able to taste it and I decided to use it in my creation of this recipe. Don’t worry you do not need to make your own feta for this recipe! I wouldn’t do that to you.
56g feta cheese
4 garlic cloves, whole
Zest of one lemon
Half a lemon
1-2 tsp fresh thyme
1-2 tsp fresh oregano
1/4 tsp chili flakes
A pinch of salt, depending on the saltiness of your feta
A crack of black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 slices of crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small oven proof dish add your feta, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, oregano, chilli flakes, salt, pepper, and half a lemon.
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything.
- Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a soft boil.
- Add your eggs and gently boil for 8 minutes.
- While your eggs are cooking prepare your bread. Drizzle your slices generously on both sides with olive oil and crisp in a cast iron pan or pop it in the oven on a baking sheet.
- When your eggs are done run them under cold water and peel right away.
- Once your feta comes out of the oven squeeze the lemon over the feta. Be careful. It’ll be very hot. Tip: Use a pair of tongs to squeeze the lemon.
- Now it’s time to assemble our toasts. Take a couple garlic cloves and smash them into each piece of toast.
- Divide and spread the feta on each piece of toast.
- Cut your eggs in half and place on top of the feta.
- Drizzle some of the lemony herby oil over your eggs.
- Top it all off with a generous handful of Micro YYC’s Spicy Mix.
- Eat right away!
Note: Dip bread into the leftover oil or use it to roast vegetables or make pasta! No waste!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Ellen Sullivan, Micro YYC Team Member